Monday, February 23, 2009

For us girls with "assets" ( you know who you are)

Just a little caveat before I begin blogging: For those of you at Pastor Brad's service on Sunday I just want you to know that I did read my bible before blogging!There, now that that's out of the way let's move on.
I have made one of the greatest discoveries of my life! Seriously. While trying hard to spend a gift certificate for Dillards from Christmas I thought I would look at the jeans in hopes of finding something acceptable that might be on clearance. I pulled a few 12P's off the shelf with a bit of laughter thinking that any of these might fit my amply endowed butt! Now, for those of you who do not know, my nickname growing up was bubble butt or better yet basketball butt! I always took it in stride and didn't think too much of it. I could usually find acceptable pants before I had children but ( no pun intended) now that God's little gifts have rearranged the hip to waist ratio I struggle to find pants, jeans etc. that allow for a waist as much as 2 sizes smaller than my booty. The low rise jeans do help this a little and that has pacified me the past few years. However on one glorious day in January I found the answer to my prayers. Here it is...Levi's 529 curvy jeans. What a godsend. ( I know God didn't make them but I think he guided the saint who did!) I slipped these jeans on in the dressing room with an audible oohhhhhh! They are low rise in the front but with extra fabric in the back to cover your butt!!!!!! Don't worry your large butt will make the waist look even all the way around. What genius do I owe my thanks to? Not to mention all of this at the reasonable price of $29.99. Better yet you can catch them on sale! They are made of nice thick denim. Not that thin fashion jean fabric that has been stone washed into oblivion. You can feel the difference right away. They also come in dark and light washes. ( Do I need to tell you not to buy the light wash) They shouldn't even make that for us with big butts!

7 comments:

Kate said...

This is what Blogging is for! Good Job! I will have to try them. I really like the Curvy line at Gap but good luck getting those for $29.99! I got caught in an uncomfortable moment at work the other day when it was revieled to me all of the women I was having a conversation with spend an average of $125.00 on jeans!!!!! One said she will spend $150.00 mostly and $175.00 if she knows she really likes them!!!! I proudly announced that my favorite pair of prepreg jeans cost $12.00 at Gap outlet :o)

The House of Schwartz said...

Amen sister! $125! I think that is my clothing budget for the whole season. People are crazy! It's cotton dyed blue!!!! Irks me to no end.

Anonymous said...

as a woman who frequently gets hit on by black guys becuase of my cough cough "assets" haha i THOROUGHLY appreciate this info about these jeans and $29.99!!! i can talk even donnie into letting me use some of our budget for that! score!

Kentucky Kate said...

Dillards is great for those of us with assets all the way around. I'm curvy all the way around, but I haven't had a problem finding jeans. My biggest problem was finding a bra that was big enough, but with a small enough band around. They seem to think that if I have big boobs, I also must be really fat. Dillards has a great section where you can get a 34 or 36 DD that doesn't look like an industrial harness.

The Talberts said...

haha. My assets are not confined to one part of my body. You could say I'm more well rounded than that. Har de har har. Anyway. I personally have found that maternity pants without the full panel work well far, far, far (did I say "far"?) into the post partum.

The House of Schwartz said...

Melissa- I love maternity jeans. I always wondered why they couldn't make regular jeans more like that. I wore mine for a long time after too!

Kate- totally with you on the bra. i was hoping the boob implant trend would cause manufacturers to make more 34 D's! Thanks for the tips!

krissy said...

I am so with you guys on the bra. Why must the cups be around your belly button just because your a D?