Here it is Krisser,
1 can cherry pie filling
2 cups mini chocolate chips( do not use regular size, they stick to the cake pan too much)
1 recipe white or vanilla cake
1 jar maraschino cherries
4 cups buttercream frosting
1/2 cup heavy cream for whipped cream
For cake:
Drain and rinse cherry pie filling under running water. Press cherries between paper towels or a dishcloth until very dry. Chop cherries fine. Gently fold cherries and chocolate chips into cake batter. Grease and flour 3 8in. cake pans. divide batter evenly and bake on middle rack at 350 for 20 or so min. Until toothpick comes out dry.
For frosting:
Beat food coloring into buttercream recipe. Or buy 2-3 cans of Pillsbury(?) cherry icing!
( that's what I do) Frost each layer with 3/4 cup frosting and then finish the sides.
For topping:
Whip the cream in a chilled bowl and add 2tbs. sugar at the soft peak stage.
Melt some chips in a microwave bowl and dip either maraschino cherries or some real cherries into the melted chocolate.
Pile all of this deliciousness on the top of the cake!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The cake looks delish! I thought the cherries looked like butts too. I loved the envelopes. I can tell I'll be peeking in for a lot of ideas from you!
Do you really wash the syrup off of the cherry pie filling? I know Test Kitchen has crazy instructions but that one seems a little weird.
I forgot to say thanks for posting it. Thanks!
Kris,
Yup! It is because cherry pie cherries are sweeter than regular canned cherries and the extra goo would mess up the cake.
Post a Comment