We love Valentines day here but not for the romantic warm fuzzy reasons. The truth be told we love crafts and we love to cook big meals that we never cook. Here are some of the envelopes we decorated to send Valentines to all of our cousins. It is so much fun to get pretty mail. The girls really enjoy this because while homeschooling we miss some of the in-class Valentine exchange things and they really want a reason to buy the little Valentine card kits for kids.
Also, at our house I have started a tradition of celebrating at home with family and maybe a few guests. It takes the pressure off of trying to go out that night or feel like we have to do something extravagant. I try to cook a very special meal with a super yummy dessert! Something that I really do not take the time to make on a regular basis. This year we ( I ) chose to make my mom's lasagna. MMMMMMM!!!!!! I love this stuff. It isn't to hard to make, just lots of steps and making your own sauce. Sorry I have no pictures of it because I forgot and ate it to quickly:)
Then to top it all off we make a crazy dessert. For the past few years I have been making this Cherry chocolate chip cake on the back of a Cook's Country magazine. It is to die for! Here's a peek before we destroyed it!
And last but not least a touching and funny moment at the Schwartz House:
Mom: These cherries look just like hearts. Isn't that cool?
Anna: Yeah! here are some more....
Rooting through bag inspecting different cherries
Nena: They do look like cherries but I think they look more like BUTTS!
Hahahahaha ROFL That's our Nena!!!!
HAPPY VALENTINE"S DAY!!!
5 comments:
Hey! Your blog isn't private anymore! Ignore my desperate email in which I begged to please be invited to be your blogging friend.
Ahem.
Anyway.
I totally would've called them 'butts' too. And bing cherries in the middle of February? Yum.
Sorry, I am going to make it private but i will be sure to put down all of your email addresses. I was checking out how to do it and then never changed it back! SORRY!!!
Yum, please post that cake recipe when you get a chance!!!
I thought of hearts first and butts second. :-)
I think I'm weird. I thought of kidneys. I'll blame it on Kara - like everything else.
What a great laugh. I can totally hear Nena saying that!
Post a Comment