Friday, February 6, 2009

The Joy of vomiting

Here it is February and we are experiencing our annual vomit party. It usually starts out of nowhere and continues late into the night. Any of you who have little ones can appreciate the look of horror that comes across Nena's face only milliseconds before projectile vomiting up the last three days woth of captain crunchberries onto me and the down comforter on our bed. (Those things cannot go in our washing machine!!! Here we come drycleaner.) Within minutes Anna did the same thing. Now, how's that for synchronization? I am caught between wanting and not wanting to eat today for fear I will see it again in a few hours.
Poor Anna really had it bad and got up every hour like clockwork until 5:30 AM. Poor kid had nothing left but just a spasming stomach. She kept reciting " I am OK" to herself. She gets really worried about not being able to breathe while it is happening.
After all that, I slept until about 11:30 in the morning. The sweet hubby stayed home while I slept on the couch and also went out to get the required Gatorade supply. That is a real man in my book!

3 comments:

krissy said...

oh man. I feel for ya. John Patrick threw up on the sidewalk at the grocery store this afternoon but that was it... hopefully. Anyway it was enough to make me really sorry for you!!!

Kentucky Kate said...

Oh, how we can sympathize! We've consumed no less than $15 worth of gatorade in the last two weeks. First Evie and then Elise. Don't they all of the sudden just seem so small again when they are sick? Today is the first day in such a long time that I haven't changed anyone's sheets. If it helps any, it appears to be a kid virus going around at church. I've known lots of kids to have it, but the adults appear to be immune. Hope that's true with you too.

kara h said...

Ick, Ick, Ick. Hopefully it's one of the fast stomach illnesses and blows through quickly. Thanks goodness for servant leaders!