Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sugar cereal in the Schwartz house

So I decide a few years back to not buy sugar cereal on a regular basis. However, I didn't want to be a complete freak and suck all the joy out of childhood so I came up with a plan. Well actually I stole it from someone else but I don't remember who. We decided that for Christmas, birthdays and vacations they can pick out whatever ridiculous box of junk their heart desires. Seemed reasonable to me.....until my children outsmarted me. As some of you may or may not know poor Anna has her Birthday on Christmas Eve ( this makes her one day older than Jesus according to her) So therefore she picks 2 boxes of junk at the same time. One for birthday, one for Christmas. Nena then also picks her cereal for Christmas at the same time. Now the rule is they have to share with eachother. So they have conspired together to buy the largest bargain bags of generic sugar cereals possible. Currently that is the 32 ounce or 2lb. bag of Kroger Fruitn' Rice and Crispy Berry Crunch. So as you can see, even though it is now February we still have sugar cereal!!!!! Foiled again.... At least they are bargain shoppers :) $2.99 for 2lbs of crap. Now who can argue with that.