Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Laundry mishap ( mean moms fault)

Earlier this week I had invited my parents over for dinner and was in the process of making a dessert for dinner with Nena. Anna was getting dressed (at 4:00 in the afternoon) and came to inform me that she had no pants. I ever so kindly(sarcasm) said that they were in the washer and if she would not mind she could transfer them into the dryer and turn it on for me. She looked at me like I had 3 heads and in my ever so patient voice I said go ahead and get started and if you run into trouble or do not know how to set it come and get me. What could possibly go wrong? (Foreshadowing) Meanwhile Nena and I went about baking our cake. About 10 -15 minutes later Anna returned to the kitchen in tears with hands that were bright red! She said" Can you please help me? My hands are numb!" It was then that I realized the cycle in the wash must not have been finished and she was loading the dryer with freezing cold sopping wet jeans! I ran downstairs and sure enough there was a pile of wet laundry and about 5" of water in the bottom of the dryer! YIKES! We got it all cleaned up and all is well but Mom still feels like a big turd. I was annoyed that she needed my help while I was in the middle of something and so I sent her off to do what she was not sure how to do. She was trying to please mom and did not come to get me and the poor thing tried to do it herself. :( I think I need a spanking !!!

3 comments:

The Talberts said...

I think I deserve a spanking for one mothering mishap or another just about every day. And like you .. it's usually when I have quite a bit on my plate and I'm not able to focus one hundred percent on my children. Don't be too hard on yourself. Kids are resilient. That's what I tell myself when I screw up, anyway.

krissy said...

I felt bad just reading that. Mostly because I let JP play outside yesterday and I was enjoying the peace a little too much. When he finally came to the back door, he was in tears crying, "mommy, my hand hurt! my hands hurt!" I thought for sure my selfishness had given him frost bite but he's okay.

Anonymous said...

i laughed so hard, then felt bad for poor anna, that would have happened to me 10 times over