Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The "Menaissance" is long overdue

I was watching the news last night when a little clip about something called the "menaissance" caught my attention. Basically, it is men reclaiming their masculinity from the past. No longer wanting to be metrosexuals but retrosexuals. I like that. Men who are looking toward great icons like Churchill and John Wayne for inspiration. Refusing to be the "dumb dad" that today's TV shows portray.I thought this was intriguing so I found this clip YouTube - "The Menaissance" by Brett McKay - Ignite Tulsa . I sure hope this catches on. No more mansy pansy men but more Rhett Butlers and James Cagneys and Clint Eastwoods from the 40's and 50's. I say Amen to that. There is nothing better than a man that knows who he is and isn't afraid to use it! Woo Hoo! Lest any of you fainting feminists get angry, the movement has nothing to do with subjection of women but really the return of men to their God ordained headship of their families. Take a second to watch the clip. I think you will enjoy it as much as I did. Then do the men in your life a favor and email it to them. Give them permission to be MEN!!! By doing this we have to commit to being WOMEN. Not man substitues. Ladies give your man the best gift by allowing him to step up and lead.

Here is the link to the website: http://artofmanliness.com/

Enjoy

No comments: