Just pretend your reading one of those crazy thriller novels that keep jumping around from present day to past. It will help you immensely when reading my blog :)
School is starting on Monday. I cannot believe I am the mother of a 5th and 1st grader. Where have my children gone? We will be homeschooling again this year. I thoroughly look forward to starting school each year specifically for the structure it provides for me and the kids. I know I could create more structure in the summer but by the time summer rolls around I am in full fledged rebellion against structure of any sort. Then, right around September 1st, I begin to crave it again. So as you can see it works perfectly for me :)
Summer means forgetting to do laundry until I run out of underwear. Forgetting to clean the inside of the house because I spent all day outside. Leaving dishes in the sink and going to the pool. Sitting and reading on the side stoop in the sun while the kids run around and play. Visiting all day with friends, family and neighbors.
School means doing laundry daily while the kids work at the dining room table. Having the kitchen clean and the dishes in the washer before lunch. Regular chores for all us girls in the morning. Happiness of the organized sort. ( Very different from happiness of the chaotic sort. Not better or worse. Just different.) Vacuuming the floors more regularly. Piano lessons. Lastly, a happier husband who has graciously tolerated my summer rebellion and is much to happy to have us all back in school.
Here are some pics of our summer rebellion adventures:
 |
| Anna and Nena with some of their mustachioed friends | | | | | | | | | | |
|
|
 |
| Krohn Conservatory with our Gautraud cousins |
 |
| Nena with her crazy sense of humor and a headband |
 |
| Riding the tractor with Papa Gates |
 |
| Art walk with Gogo and Mimi in Lexington |
 |
| The girls making a print in Lexington |
 |
| Leisurely summer morning restaurant run by Anna and Nena with real food cooked to order!!!! |
4 comments:
Your summer and my summer sounds about the same...except NO Bath for the kids since they'll will get in the pool tomorrow----and we need to save water for the garden not your stinky body.
And kids wear the same clothes they were wearing yesterday since they going to get dirty anyway--there's funner things for mom to do than laundry. When the dog won't go near you, then get changed.
Ha. Have a great first day, Meg!
I remember not wanting the summer to be over... until I had kids! Now I am happy for the structure fall brings too.
word verification: sconate ~ what all scones should be~ ate! :-)
Lol Krisser, word verifications are so silly some times they just make me laugh. Sometimes the words are so good they should become real words!!!
Post a Comment